I feel like when I’m at work or out and about with people I know, I’m constantly hearing whining about how much they hate their diets, how bad it sucks that they have to eat this that and the other, and how hard it is to only eat salads and celery sticks or whatever other kind of nonsense their diets have them eating. Now, I don’t believe in diets, but I’m not a pretentious jerk and I’m not going to tell everyone I think their diets are stupid and ineffective. Instead, I’m just going to outline why paleo is the absolute best way to eat that won’t make you hate your food and leave you miserable and hungry at the end of the day like those stupid fad diets will.
5 Reasons Why Paleo is the Best:
- No counting calories: Unlike a lot of fad diets, paleo doesn’t require you to add up your calories throughout the day and stop eating when you hit a specific number. It’s all about eating the right foods that are the best for your body and will best help you to perform. If you’re doing paleo right, you’re never depriving yourself of the nutrients your body needs.
- We’re eating so we can perform, not performing so we can eat: There’s a huge distinction here! Working out so that you can eat what you want is way different, and far less productive, than eating properly to enhance your workouts and overall health and performance. Viewing your food as fuel for your productivity and not as a reward for working out makes eating more meaningful, healthier and more effective.
- Bacon: Bacon is awesome, and eating paleo means eating bacon. Hence, paleo is awesome. Boom.
- Cheat meals: Seriously, chocolate tastes so much more awesome when you haven’t had it for a long time. It’s like you’re actually a caveman experiencing sugar for the first time. Rewarding your hard work with a cheat meal every once in a while is a super cool perk of eating paleo, and the best of the best Crossfitters all advocate the occasional cheat.
- Feeling good: Honestly, I would recommend paleo to anyone for this reason alone. Even without the incredible health and fitness benefits, eating paleo just makes you feel so much better all around. You’re never bloated or lightheaded, and you should never have indigestion, heartburn or constipation. Best of all, when you go out, you’ll never leave the restaurant feeling like you’re so stuffed you can’t move.
I hope this clears up your doubts about paleo. If not, you should go to Robb Wolf’s website for the scientific rundown on why it is so awesome. I’m not exactly the scientific expert, but I think the fact that bacon is part of our diet should be reason enough for everyone to eat paleo, right?